$10,000 award to recognize outstanding efforts to advance apheresis and patient care
LAKEWOOD, Colo.—March 31, 2014—Terumo BCT is seeking applicants for a new $10,000 award to support the advancement of apheresis and patient care. Through this grant, Terumo BCT will recognize and support the efforts of clinicians, physicians and operators who are furthering the practice of therapeutic apheresis and cell collections.
- The Advancing Apheresis Award is a grant to further support efforts in research, education, training, and/or improvements in patient care in the areas of therapeutic apheresis and cell collections
- Applications for the Advancing Apheresis Award will be accepted beginning 12 May 2014 and must be received by 5 September 2014
- Application evaluations will be based on:
- Educational leadership
- Patient care, comfort and impact
- Stated plan for use of the grant award
- All award decisions are made by an international third-party committee of key opinion leaders
- Committee members are selected for their leadership roles in the practice of patient care in therapeutic apheresis and/or cell collections
- Interested applicants can learn more about the Advancing Apheresis Award, eligibility criteria, conditions, and apply, by visiting TERUMOBCT.COM/advancingapheresis
- The award winner will be announced in October 2014
- The Advancing Apheresis Award is the latest grant offered by Terumo BCT :
- In 2011, Terumo BCT launched the first-of-its-kind Plasma Exchange Innovation Award which has been given annually since
- In 2012, Terumo BCT announced the Blood Safety Innovation Award
Tom Jordan, Executive Vice President, Global Commercial Operations, Terumo BCT
"Together with our customers, Terumo BCT is advancing apheresis to ultimately benefit the patients we all serve. With this award, we support the efforts of those making a difference in the practice of apheresis. We look forward to learning more about those organizations in our global community who are showing this significant influence in their daily endeavors."
Advancing Therapeutic Apheresis with the Spectra Optia Apheresis System
About Terumo BCT:
Terumo BCT, a global leader in blood component, therapeutic apheresis and cellular technologies, is the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
Global Corporate Communications